January 3, 2007

Will I Make It In?

I joined the National Association of Science Writers this year, trying to gather possible venues of employment support out there, especially since I'm graduating in May. They are giving out 10 travel stipends to undergraduate members like myself for a trip out to San Francisco this February for the annual AAAS convention.

The "chosen ones" are paired with a pro in the field, which should be a great opportunity to learn how it all really works.

More from NASW:

The world's largest general science society, AAAS holds an annual meeting in the United States that draws leading scientists from all disciplines and from all over the world. The conference invariably makes news as hundreds of American and international science writers from magazines, newspapers, radio, TV and web also cover the event. At AAAS, NASW has traditionally held an internship fair for young science journalists, as well as paired many student journalists up with veteran science writers through its mentoring programs

Wish me luck. I'm not sure when the results will be in, but I would think it would be in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment