August 6, 2006

Is Anyone Else Tired of Hearing About "The Rapture?"

Sometimes I wish God would just get on with it so we sinners won't have to hear about it anymore.

Watching TV up here on Sundays is the worst. We have at least 10 stations out of 60 that air televangelism for the majority of the day.

I am always amazed that these "preachers" are able to fill stadiums with people willing to take them seriously. It makes me question just how firm our country's grasp on reality actually is.

The archiving of The Bottom Line's website is nearing completion, and we figured out a way to publish staff blog feeds within the site's frame.

I'm currently assembling a list of ideas for my column this semester. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2 comments:

  1. You know those bumperstickers that say "in case of rapture, this car will be unmanned"? I saw one the other day that said "In case of rapture, can I have your car?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing here and I'm also sick of it. I'm right smack in the middle of the Bible belt. Oh joy. I wouldn't mind hearing about the Rapture so much if the people talking about it didn't use it as an excuse to condone trashing the environment and encouraging wars in the Middle East. If the world is going to end soon, who cares about global warming and ecological disasters?? I like the sticker, Thud!

    ReplyDelete